home   genetic news   bioinformatics   biotechnology   literature   journals   ethics   positions   events   sitemap

  HUM-MOLGEN -> mail archive   |   Search register for news alert (free)
  Martin Kennedy: BIOT: Non-isotopic sequencing, patient requests...

archive of HUM-MOLGEN mails

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: BIOT: Non-isotopic sequencing, patient requests...
From: Martin Kennedy <MKENNEDY@chmeds.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 11:16:09 +1200

Date sent:  26-JUN-1995 11:14:19

BIOT SUMMARY:

Three messages:

(1) Non isotopic sequencing request
(2) Comment regarding patient request for help on
(3) Editors comment on the preceding message..

Arthur Bergen (on leave)
Martin Kennedy
BIOT section editros

8<  =======================  cut here  ======================= >8

(1) Non isotopic sequencing:

Hi, I am interested in non-isotopic sequencing (prob. usb/dix products).
Anyone can share their experiences with me.

Thanks.
ZAM
zam@kb.usm.my

8<  =======================  cut here  ======================= >8

(2) Comment regarding patient request...

From:         "Stephen Karp (AJHG)" <karp@MEDCOR.MCGILL.CA>
Subject:      Re: BIOT: 3 messages...
I would like to state that the 2nd of these messages is not appropriate for
this list. There are many other places on the net where patients ask such
questions. I feel sorry for this gentleman, but if such patient requests
invade this list then they will overwhelm what is a useful and interesting
about this list. I suggest that such patient questions should be rejected from
this list.

8<  =======================  cut here  ======================= >8

(3) Editors comment on the preceding message...

I forwarded the original message for help on neurofibrosarcoma/p53
and RAS to HUM-MOLGEN because I thought it at least partially appropriate
for the BIOT section; it seemed to be a rational request for information
on clinical trials for the disease, as well as for information about p53
and RAS.

I agree with Stephen Karp's sentiment, but at present I (and
other HUM-MOLGEN editors I have consulted) feel each message needs
to be assessed individually for relevance to HUM-MOLGEN, and
posted or returned to the sender accordingly.

Sincerely,

Martin Kennedy

NNNN   NN  Martin A Kennedy (E-mail = mkennedy@chmeds.ac.nz)  ZZZZZZZ
                Phone (64-3)364-0880   Fax (64-3)364-0750

home   genetic news   bioinformatics   biotechnology   literature   journals   ethics   positions   events   sitemap

Mail converted by MHonArc 2.4.4
WWW: Kai Garlipp, Frank S. Zollmann.
7.0 © 1995-2001 HUM-MOLGEN. All rights reserved. Liability and Copyright.